ITT – Science is a foundation subject which helps students approach other subjects including physics, chemistry or biology. To have ability to teach Science in English, teachers should participate in Science training course for teachers.
Teaching Science in English has some difficulties:
- The knowledge and concepts are abstract and difficult to explain, especially, in English because Science concerns with the description, prediction, and understanding of natural phenomena, based on empirical evidence from observation and experimentation.
- Limited English vocabulary obstructs teachers from teaching Science in English.
- Knowing Biology terminology is crucial in order to explain Science concepts and knowledge to students.
- The numbers of biology terms are huge and many of them are very difficult to pronounce and memorise.
- Writing an engaging lesson plan in English is more challenging than that in Vietnamese.
- The teaching methodology used to teach Science in Vietnamese might not be employed to teach Science in English.
- There are disparities between Vietnamese Biology curricula and International Biology curricula.
- Many Science notations, question styles … in Vietnamese Science curricula and International Science curricula are not identical.
Therefore, finding appropriate methods to become proficient in teaching Science in English is very important to:
- Improve your English skills; enhance your vocabulary and Science terminology.
- Learn and practice how to teach Science in English.
- Prepare the great lesson plans.
- Be able to watch and learn from English videos about Science topics.
- Be able to self-study and research information by assessing the massive data and knowledge written in English.
- Pronounce English words and sentences accurately; and be able to adjust your speed of speech so that students can catch up.
- Incorporate graphs, lab experiments or practical applications into lessons.
In Science training course for teachers, learners will be equiped with the following knowledge and skills:
- Provide Science vocabulary and terms in English from grades 1 to 12 divided in plenty of topics such as Living things, Energy, Environment, Gas and Magnetism, etc.
- Pronounce Biology terms accurately.
- Be able to translate Vietnamese Biology problems into English.
- Learn how to interpret Biology problems and present the solutions in English.
- Be able to explain all Biology concepts clearly and confidently in English.
- Learn some teaching methodologies to teach Biology effectively in English.
- Know some tips to interact efficiently with students, especially international students.
- Be able to prepare effective Biology lesson plans and produce easy-to-understand Biology lessons in English.
- Have at least two theoretical sessions and one practical session per week.
Intertu Education is currently offering Science training course for teachers. For further assistance, please feel free to contact us directly, via email or hotline for free consultation.Enroll Course