ITT – There is an upward trend in the number of learners studying subjects in English, especially Mathematics. However, the supply of qualified teachers is limited. Therefore, the Math training course for teachers is vital in giving the teachers a theoretical and practical training on how to teach Math proficiently in English.
Teaching Math in English has some difficulties:
- Limited English vocabulary obstructs teachers from teaching Math in English.
- Knowing Math terminology is crucial in order to explain Math concepts to students.
- Writing an engaging lesson plan in English is more challenging than that in Vietnamese.
- The teaching methodology used to teach Math in Vietnamese might not be employed to teach Math in English.
- There are disparities between Vietnamese Math curricula and International Math curricula.
- Many Math concepts, notations, question styles … in Vietnamese Math curricula and International Math curricula are not identical.
Therefore, finding appropriate methods to become proficient in teaching Math in English is very important to:
- Improve your English skills; enhance your vocabulary and Math terminology.
- Learn and practice how to teach Math in English.
- Prepare the great lesson plans.
- Be able to watch and learn from English videos about Math topics.
- Be able to self-study and research information by assessing the massive data and knowledge written in English.
- Pronounce English words and sentences accurately, and be able to adjust your speed of speech so that students can catch up.
In Math training course for teachers, learners will:
- Learn vocabulary and mathematical terms in English from grades 1 to 12 divided in five sections which are Arithmetic, Algebra, Geometry, Calculus and Statistics.
- Pronounce Math terms accurately.
- Be able to translate Vietnamese Math problems into English.
- Learn how to interpret Math problems and present the solutions in English
- Be able to explain all Math concepts clearly and confidently in English; and produce easy-to-understand Math lessons in English.
- Learn some teaching methodologies to teach Math effectively in English.
- Know some tips to interact efficiently with students, especially international students.
- Be able to prepare effective Math lesson plans in English
- Have at least two theoretical sessions and one practical session per week.
Intertu Education is currently offering Math training course for teachers. For further assistance, please feel free to contact us directly, via email or hotline for free consultation.Enroll Course