ITT – Although the essay section in SSAT does not affect the overall score, some students have a need to improve their writing skills. Therefore, new SSAT Writing strategies is an indispensable thing.
Here are some things to keep in mind when writing an SSAT essay:
- This is a non-scored section but will be sent to the admissions department.
- The examination takes 25 minutes.
- Students have 2 pages to do the test.
In addition, the SSAT test will be different depending on your level:
- For Upper Level, you will have a choice between captions or essays.
- For Middle Level, both of your options are essays.
For more: SSAT exam process
It doesn’t matter if you choose a caption or an essay, stick to these tips:
- Write clearly: If no one reads what you write, they cannot tell if your essay is up to standard.
- Save time: You have only 25 minutes, so you must quickly draft your essay in your head, and check carefully to prevent spelling, grammar, etc.
- Write more: Although the quality is not higher than the quality, you should write more than write less.
- Use the appropriate tense: Do not switch from the present tense to the past or jumble halfway through.
- Maintain a coherent structure: Each format of the card has its own structure from the beginning to the end. You should stick to the outline so you can write a coherent essay.
For more: SSAT exam preparation process
Steps to prepare:
- Take time to practice the samples: You should note that leave 1-2 minutes to read the topic carefully and check the article when finished writing to avoid errors.
- Give essays to others to check: Classmates or teachers are a good choice, ask them about the mistakes in the essay and ask them to comment.
- Learn by yourself: Common mistakes you make, rewrite another essay better, don’t forget to ask yourself: “What’s wrong? What’s right? How should it be restarted?”
If you apply the new SSAT Writing strategies, your SSAT writing skills will skyrocket and you will gradually adapt to the essay.
For more: Find SSAT preparation courses
Now, Intertu Education is enrolling potential students for SSAT preparation, SAT preparation, ACT preparation, GMAT preparation, GRE preparation. For inquiries, please contact us directly or via email or hotline.