ITT – A-level is a two-year pre-university program, which is considered to be equivalent to grades 11-12 in Vietnam, recognized by universities around the world. Achieving high scores in A-level courses is a prerequisite for undergraduate study, particularly in Medicine, Law, and Engineering in the UK.
A-level program is for students who:
- Completed grades 10 and 11 or at least 5 subjects in the GCSE program with a minimum GPA of C.
- Achieved IELTS 5.5 or TOEFL iBT 71
A-level students will choose subjects in the following subject areas:
- English Language and Literature
- First language and Foreign language (Chinese, French, English, Spanish …)
- Natural Sciences: Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Science …
- Social Sciences: Economics, History, Geography, Psychology, Sociology …
- Arts: Music, Art, Drama …
The whole program is divided into 2 levels. The first year consists of 4 – 6 subjects and ends with an AS-level exam. In the second year, students continue their studying by choosing 3 of the subjects of the first year and take final exams in these three subjects. Students are allowed to study more than 3 subjects if they want to.
Courses are assessed on a scale of A* – E. Usually, A & B are expected for entry requirements to top universities.
Students enrolled in A-level program will face many difficulties:
- The amount of knowledge is extensive, in depth, or even equivalent to the knowledge of colleges – universities leading to difficulties in the acquisition of students.
- Students who switch from other basic programs to A-level will encounter difficulties in English since the program has many specialized vocabulary and terminologies.
To successfully complete the A-level course, students need the appropriate learning method:
- Be equipped with an appropriate English level and terminologies for each subject.
- Be active in the class, read and apply the lessons into practice.
- Enhance your research, analysis and teamwork skills.
Now, Intertu Education is enrolling potential students for Math, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Science, Economics, Language and Literature in A-level program. For inquiries and registration, please contact us directly or via email or hotline.